Health and Community Services
Health and Community Services (formerly Adult Care Services) is responsible for the council's adult social care services for people who are older, have a physical disability, a learning disability or mental health problems. We also manage the public library service, heritage services, customer services, Hertfordshire Adult and Family Learning Service (HAFLS) and Hertfordshire Business Services. The Health and Community Services Plan sets out the department’s priorities up until 2015.
Together with our partners, we commission and in some cases directly provide support services in the community. We aim to keep people safe from harm and to help people to improve their health, wellbeing and independence and prevent them from getting to a point of crisis.
We work closely with colleagues in the National Health Service and District Councils through our new Health and Wellbeing Board.
Sarah Pickup is the Director of Health and Community Services and has statutory responsibility for the provision of adult social services in Hertfordshire. She is supported by:
- Iain MacBeath, Deputy Director, Commissioning and Resources.
- Earl Dutton, Assistant Director, Older People and Physical Disabilities.
- Sue Darker, Assistant Director, Learning Disabilities and Mental Health.
- Taryn Pearson, Assistant Director, Customer Services and Libraries.
- David Golledge, Head of Hertfordshire Business Services.
The management team can be contacted through the details in the purple ‘Tell us’ box below.
More from the web
- Care Quality Commission
- Department of Health
- Hertfordshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust-mental health
HCC is not responsible for the content of external websites.