Health and Community Services
Health and Community Services (formerly Adult Care Services) is responsible for the council's adult social care services for people who are older, have a physical disability, a learning disability or mental health problems. We also manage the public library service, heritage services, customer services, Hertfordshire Adult and Family Learning Service (HAFLS) and Hertfordshire Business Services. The Health and Community Services Plan sets out the department’s priorities up until 2015.
Together with our partners, we commission and in some cases directly provide support services in the community. We aim to keep people safe from harm and to help people to improve their health, wellbeing and independence and prevent them from getting to a point of crisis.
We work closely with colleagues in the National Health Service and District Councils through our new Health and Wellbeing Board.
Iain MacBeath is the Director of Health and Community Services and has statutory responsibility for the provision of adult social services in Hertfordshire. He is supported by:
- Earl Dutton, Operations Director, Older People and Physical Disabilities.
- Sue Darker, Operations Director, Learning Disabilities and Mental Health.
- Taryn Pearson, Assistant Director, Customer Services and Libraries.
- Chris Badger, Assistant Director, Health Integration, East and North Herts
- David Evans, Assistant Director, Health Integration, Herts Valleys
- Frances Heathcote, Assistant Director, Health and Community Commissioning