If you need help and don’t know where to turn, if you have a question or problem, you can contact HertsHelp.
They will listen to what you need and, if you would like them to, telephone people and make arrangements on your behalf.
Or they can put you in touch with organisations that can help. They will then call you to make sure that you have found the help you need.
Search the Hertfordshire Directory for community and voluntary organisations
Office hours are 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
Telephone: 0300 123 4044 (Calls to 0300 cost no more than a national rate call to a 01 or 02 number)
Minicom: 0300 456 2364
Text: Text hertshelp to 81025
Fax: 0300 456 2365
By post: HertsHelp, Hertlands House, Primett Road, Stevenage, Herts, SG1 3EE
HertsHelp may need to take your details and pass them on to someone else who can help you, but they will always ask for your permission to do this.
SignVideo is our online, live British Sign Language (BSL) video interpreting service which allows a deaf customer to call through to the HertsHelp call centre. The SignVideo service is available Monday to Friday 8am-6pm.
HertsHelp Top Tasks
Find information now about the most common topics HertsHelp are asked about:
- Welfare Assistance Scheme - money, food, furniture, clothing and advice
- Herts Healthy Homes - home visits, repairs, money for fuel bills, preventing illness and isolation
- Benefits and advice – debt and budgeting advice, housing advice, help filling out application forms
- Care and support at home– shopping, gardening, fire safety and home security checks
- Care homes - personal care, respite care, support for diabetes, cancer, stroke and acquired brain injury
- Adaptations - grab rails, stair lifts, equipment for the home, community alarms
- Getting active – healthy walks, social clubs, swimming, leisure activities
- Lunch clubs and leisure activities – computer lessons for beginners, days out, social activity community groups, befriending services
- Transport and Blue Badge - help applying for disabled parking permits, bus passes , community transport
- Medical – weight loss, hospital transport, mental health services, and amputee support groups
- Crisis support – bereavement, domestic abuse, drug and alcohol abuse, serious illness, family support
- Homeless – access to help and support
- Herts Healthy Homes (PDF file 244KB)