Special Needs Panel Meetings (Ceased May 2004)
ARCHIVE CONSTITUTION REPORTS and MEMBERSHIP
- To take a lead role in matters relating to the County Council's work in supporting children with educational, social and medical needs and the support of their families.
- To ensure that the CSF Strategy, Achievement and Resources Cabinet Panels are fully informed when considering issues relating to these vulnerable children and their families.
- To co-ordinate member visits to establishments for children with special needs and appropriate reporting back.
Areas of work :
- children with physical disabilities
- children with mental health problems
- children with other medical conditions, eg Autism
- children who are poor attendees
- families that need respite care
- families that are supported by family centres and other CSF services
Total membership is 7 (4:3) with one of the 3 being a parent governor or church representative on the Scrutiny Committee (voting). This place is taken by Parent Governor representative, Pat Cherry.
Administrator/Contact for this Panel: Sue Westgate (01992) 588539
No Meetings details entered.