Public, School and Community Transport
Most buses in Hertfordshire are run commercially by bus companies. The county council subsidises around 30% of services to help fill gaps in the commercial network.
Have your say on bus services - a consultion with residents on funding for bus services has just finished. All feedback is being collated and will be discussed at Highways and Waste Management Panel on 4 November 2014.
The county council also
- Runs the bus pass scheme within the county
- Provides school transport for eligible pupils
- Funds the SaverCard scheme allowing 11 to 18 year-olds to travel half price
- Maintains bus stops, shelters and rail/bus interchanges
- Provides timetable and service information for passengers
- Works with bus and rail operators to promote the use of public transport
We also work with transport operators to improve the bus and rail network in Hertfordshire.
- Getting to County Hall (PDF file 981KB)