Most buses in Hertfordshire are run commercially by bus companies. The county council subsidises around 30% of services to help fill gaps in the commercial network.
Have your say on bus services
Later this year, we will be seeking your views on how much financial support we provide for bus services. Please keep an eye out in your local media, on our facebook and twitter pages and on this page for more details, including how you can take part, over the coming months.
The county council also
- Runs the bus pass scheme within the county
- Provides school transport for eligible pupils
- Funds the SaverCard scheme allowing 11 to 18 year-olds to travel half price
- Maintains bus stops, shelters and rail/bus interchanges
- Provides timetable and service information for passengers
- Works with bus and rail operators to promote the use of public transport
We also work with transport operators to improve the bus and rail network in Hertfordshire.
- Getting to County Hall (PDF file 981KB)