Public, School and Community Transport
Most buses in Hertfordshire are run commercially by bus companies. Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) subsidises around 11% of services to fill gaps in the commercial network.
HCC are involved in:
- Bus passes for older and disabled people within Hertfordshire
- School transport for eligible pupils
- SaverCard scheme, which allows 11 to 18 year-olds to travel half price
- Maintaining bus stops, shelters and rail/bus interchanges
- Timetable and service information for passengers
- Working with bus and rail operators to promote the use of public transport
We also work with transport operators to improve the bus and rail network in Hertfordshire.
- Getting to County Hall (PDF file 981KB)