Public, School and Community Transport
Most buses in Hertfordshire are run commercially by bus companies. Hertfordshire County Council (HCC) subsidises around 11% of services to fill gaps in the commercial network.
County Councillors recently agreed to a reduction in this subsidy. This will affect around 2% of passenger journeys. We have worked with bus operators to manage the changes to affected services outlined in the consultation.
Further information can be found on the bus subsidy changes page and this will have all the latest information as it comes in. Changes will come into effect in September 2015.
HCC are involved in:
- Bus passes for older and disabled people within Hertfordshire
- School transport for eligible pupils
- SaverCard scheme, which allows 11 to 18 year-olds to travel half price
- Maintaining bus stops, shelters and rail/bus interchanges
- Timetable and service information for passengers
- Working with bus and rail operators to promote the use of public transport
We also work with transport operators to improve the bus and rail network in Hertfordshire.
- Getting to County Hall (PDF file 981KB)