Public, School and Community Transport
Most buses in Hertfordshire are run commercially by bus companies. The county council subsidises around 30% of services to help fill gaps in the commercial network.
A second consultation into bus services has been agreed by cabinet. No decision has been made an a consultation will start in January 2015. Further updates to this page will be made as and when available.
The county council also
- Runs the bus pass scheme within the county
- Provides school transport for eligible pupils
- Funds the SaverCard scheme allowing 11 to 18 year-olds to travel half price
- Maintains bus stops, shelters and rail/bus interchanges
- Provides timetable and service information for passengers
- Works with bus and rail operators to promote the use of public transport
We also work with transport operators to improve the bus and rail network in Hertfordshire.
- Getting to County Hall (PDF file 981KB)