Most of the larger libraries in Hertfordshire hold basic business information.
Welwyn Garden City Central Library and Information Service holds the central collection of business information. The collection includes company directories, business start-up information, market research reports and online databases.
What's in the collection?
- FAME database - detailed company reports for over two million companies in the UK and Ireland including contacts, director details, business activity information, employee numbers and up to 10 years of accounts
- D&B National Registers and Key British Enterprises covering the UK
- Who Owns Whom covering UK, Europe, North and South America, Africa, Australasia and Asia
- Market research
- Key Note reports in hard copy and online
- MarketLine providing global industry and company profiles
- Mintel Reports in hard copy from 2007 - 2011
- Business start-up
- COBRA (Complete Business Reference Advisor) -factsheets with practical guidance on all aspects of setting up and running a business and profiles covering a range of business ideas. Also market, legal and local area information
- My Incubator Ventures - live chat with Wenta Business Advisors
- Books to borrow providing practical guidance and 'know how' on running a business Financial Information
- Company REFS database has share information for companies listed on the London Stock Exchange
- Financial Times back to 1982
- Periodicals including Investor's Chronicle, Moneyfacts and The Economist
- Other resources
- British Standards Online - database of British, adopted European and International standards available in all Hertfordshire libraries. It is not possible to print or download any part of a standard via our subscription.
- European Business ASAP Citations, abstracts and articles from a selection of key European and American business and management journals
- The library has Information for job seekers including books on careers, writing CVs and interview techniques. There is also information on management, employment law, marketing, sales, taxation and health and safety issues
All our resources are free to use.
We have extensive contacts with other UK information providers so that we can refer you to the appropriate business related organisations beyond Hertfordshire.
If you want more details about business information available in Hertfordshire look under Business Information in the Community Directory section on this website.