How we can help you
The Sensory Services team, which includes rehabilitation workers and social workers, can provide information packs, advice and access to services as well as support from a network of national and local agencies.
Who we can support
Our team provides services to all adults and children in Hertfordshire who are:
- Blind or partially sighted or have a degree of sight loss.
- Deaf or hard of hearing or have a degree of hearing loss.
- Deafblind or have a degree of dual sensory loss.
If you care for someone with a sensory need, we can carry out an assessment of your needs as a carer to help you to continue to support them.
Independent advice and help with services
If you are considering arranging your own services, equipment, or adaptations to your home you could use a broker to help you. Brokers provide independent advice and can organise services that suit your needs.
You can contact us either by:
- Contacting us by email, phone, textphone or minicom.
- British Sign Language (BSL) video about contacting us.
Registering as disabled or sight impaired
You don't have to register as disabled or sight impaired in order to qualify for services from us. However, there are benefits to you and the county council if you do.
Registering as sight impaired
Registering as blind or severely sight impaired gives entitlement to a Blue Badge, and possibly some other benefits.