Skip to content

Support for carers

You are a carer if you look after a family member, partner, friend or neighbour who is ill, frail, has a disability or has mental ill health or substance misuse problems. This person could not manage without your help and the support you give is unpaid. They may or may not live with you.

Many carers cope in very difficult situations and may not be aware of the help that is available to them from Hertfordshire County Council and local voluntary organisations:  

Carers in Hertfordshire logoAs a carer you can have a Carer's Passport which gives you information and advice. It is available from Carers In Hertfordshire who offer a range of information and support for carers.

View residential and nursing homes

View support services for carers in Hertfordshire.

Independent advice and help with services 
If you are considering arranging your own services, equipment, adaptations to your home or residential care you could use a broker to help you. Brokers provide independent advice and can organise services that suit your needs.

More from the web

HCC is not responsible for the content of external web sites.