Hertfordshire has a strong history of recruiting Newly Qualified Teachers into its schools
Hertfordshire recruits hundreds of Newly Qualified Teachers each year and has a strong commitment to their professional development offering an extensive training and support programme.
NQTs wishing to work in Hertfordshire should visit the teachinherts website where schools and academies advertise their teaching posts (www.teachinherts.com). Applicants apply directly to schools as there is no pool system in Hertfordshire. Our advanced on-line recruitment website allows you to register your details, set yourself up to receive weekly job alerts and apply for a post directly on-line. Schools/academies are also able to search through the website and contact you if they have a post that may be of interest to you.
What does the 2012/13 Hertfordshire LA Induction Programme Offer?
- Free CD-rom “Teach in Herts” for all interested applicants. Either pick up a copy at a recruitment fair or contact the NQT team (tel: 01438 844755).
- Revised NQT Induction Handbook (rewritten to provide guidance for the new Teachers’ Standards and NQT Induction regulations introduced in September 2012) sent to all registered NQTs and their tutors,
- Specifically targeted NQT Conference programme for Primary, Early Years and Special School NQTs in addition to an extensive choice of NQT-focused training courses. (A detailed training brochure is enclosed with the handbook and can also be viewed at www.thegrid.org.uk/schoolworkforce - select “Training and CPD Online Booking”.
- Subject-specific NQT training programme for Secondary NQTs delivered in partnership with teaching schools.
- On-line website for registration and assessments – accessed by registered Headteachers, Induction co-ordinators, tutors and NQTs.
- Advice, support and guidance for NQTs who encounter problems
- Training for induction tutors
- Advice and support from our experienced NQT team (tel: 01438 844755)
For more general information we recommend the Department of Education website www.eduction.gov.uk and specifically for information related to getting into teaching www.education.gov.uk/getintoteaching
For any Newly Qualified Teacher who may be in need of temporary or more longer term rented accommodation, click the Signpost called Accommodation Register to access our searchable database of rented properties in Hertfordshire.
HCC is not responsible for the content of external web sites.