Help with using HertsDirect
Welcome to HertsDirect, the website of Hertfordshire County Council. As well as information about the County Council and our services, HertsDirect provides access to a wide range of information and advice about other public services, and details of voluntary and charity groups.
Every HertsDirect webpage displays the following tabs:
- Home : a link to our home page.
- Services : information about the services provided by the County Council, plus links to online transactions and services.
- Business : information about working in Hertfordshire, the local economy and doing business with the County Council.
- Your council : information about Hertfordshire's County Councillors, council meetings, plans and decisions, and the council's performance.
- Your community : making the most of living in Hertfordshire, with information about local events and activites, our directory of local community and voluntary organisations, and details of our strategy for building stronger communities in Hertfordshire.
- Open data: a broad set of County Council data ranging from senior staff salaries and councillor expenses, to highway accident data and supplier payments over £250.
All HertsDirect pages include:
- A link to our Accessibility section, which explains the accessibility standards HertsDirect uses, and steps you can take to use HertsDirect in the way which works best for you.
- A link to our Contact us page, which explains how you can contact us by telephone, textphone, email or post, and provides directions to our main offices.
- A Search facility, powered by our Google Search Appliance™ server.
- A crumb trail, which shows you where the page you are viewing sits within HertsDirect. You can click on the links in the crumb trail to view the pages which are part of the trail.
- A link to the A to Z of HertsDirect , which can be used to browse an alphabetical listing of key sections of HertsDirect.
- A Feedback box, with 'smiley face' icons which allow you to rate the content of the page you are viewing.
Find out why your feedback is important to us here.
- An Emergencies link, which provides contact details for use in emergency situations.