All About Fireworks
The list of links give information on the sale and storage of fireworks as well as the safe usage of firework and the law regarding the use of fireworks.
- Further advice on age restricted products
- A Guide to Fireworks Legislation
The Fireworks Regulations 2004, made under the Fireworks Act 2003 and the Pyrotechnic Articles (Safety) Regulations 2010 have introduced a comprehensive package of measures to regulate the sale and possession of fireworks. For Selling & Storing see separate article.
- Age limits
- Fire advice for different festivals
- Fireworks - Selling & Storing
The Manufacture and Storage of Explosives Regulations (MSER) came into force on 26th April 2005 and largely replaces the 1875 Explosives Act. If you store fireworks, you still require registration or licence from the local authority i.e. Trading Standards.
The Firework Code
- Light sparklers one at a time and wear gloves
- Never give sparklers to a child under 5
- Buy fireworks marked BS 7114
- Keep fireworks in a closed box
- Follow the instructions on each firework
- Light them at arm's length using a taper
- Stand well back
- Never go back to a lit firework
- Never put fireworks in your pocket
- Never throw fireworks
- Keep pets indoors