Information for Businesses
If you are in business and the goods or service you provide are eventually sold to the public, it is likely that we can help you with advice on trading standards law that applies to you.
Follow our links to get the information you need, if you can't see the information you require, select 'contact us' to find out how you can reach your local trading standards department.
- Business Advice and Information
- Retailer advice: warnings about illicit and dangerous goods
Warning retailers to be vigilant following a number of problems found recently in Hertfordshire
- Better Business for All
Better Business for All is Hertfordshire regulators’ response to reducing regulatory burdens on business.
- Metrology Laboratory
What we can calibrate & the service we can provide
- Enforcement Promise
Information about the enforcement concordat and HCC.
- Licences & Registrations from Hertfordshire Trading Standards
Who issues what in the County & how to get those issued by Trading Standards
- Public Weighbridges in Hertfordshire
Guidance notes for proprietors and operators
- Scams affecting businesses
- Trading Fairly
- Buy With Confidence Scheme
- General Product Safety Regulations 2005
- Product Safety in Europe: A Guide to corrective action including recalls
- Food Standards Agency
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Companies House
HCC is not responsible for the content of external web sites.