Hertfordshire Trading Standards
Our role is to safeguard the interests of consumers and the county's business community. Hertfordshire has one million consumers and is home to over 30,000 businesses, including the national and international headquarters of many companies.
We strive to protect consumers against poor quality goods and services. By advising businesses on legal and quality matters we can make a positive contribution to consumers' quality of life and Hertfordshire's economic prosperity.
Please use the links on this page for information and advice on consumer and business related issues. If you wish to make a complaint about a trader or product, please see our page called About Hertfordshire Trading Standards.
For more information about the work we do see the links on this page and our videos below.
Tests show fillings in some cushions do not adhere to safety standards
- Acting against rogue traders - a short video showing how we act against rogue traders
- Acting for business - how Trading Standards help businesses
- Acting for consumers - a short video showing how our work helps consumers
- Department for Business Innovation and Skills
- Food Standards Agency
- Trading Standards Central
- Office of Fair Trading
- Trade Association Forum
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Companies House
- Citizens Advice Bureau - Advice Guide
HCC is not responsible for the content of external web sites.