Hertfordshire Trading Standards
Please use the links on this page for information and advice on consumer and business related issues. If you wish to make a complaint about a trader or product, please call Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 08454 04 05 06, select the link on this page called Citizens Advice Bureau - Advice Guide or see our page called About Hertfordshire Trading Standards.
Our role is to safeguard the interests of consumers and the county's business community. Hertfordshire has one million consumers and is home to over 30,000 businesses, including the national and international headquarters of many companies.
We strive to protect consumers against poor quality goods and services. By advising businesses on legal and quality matters we can make a positive contribution to consumers' quality of life and Hertfordshire's economic prosperity.
For more information about the work we do see the links on this page and our videos below.
The first event of its kind in Hertfordshire to help older people keep safe and secure was a big hit, attracting about 100 residents.
Revised safety information has been released regarding Beko Leisure and Flavel gas cookers
- Acting against rogue traders - a short video showing how we act against rogue traders
- Acting for business - a short video showing how Trading Standards help businesses
- Acting for consumers - a short video showing how our work helps consumers
- Unsafe products
Please call us on 08454 04 05 06 to report any concerns you have in relation to the safety of a product.
- Buy With Confidence Scheme
- Department for Business Innovation and Skills
- Food Standards Agency
- Trading Standards Central
- Office of Fair Trading
- Trade Association Forum
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Companies House
- Citizens Advice Bureau - Advice Guide
HCC is not responsible for the content of external web sites.