Skip to content

Hertfordshire Trading Standards

Please use the links on this page for information and advice on consumer and business related issues.  All our enquiries are handled by the Citizens Advice Consumer Service (CACS), regardless of the complainant's location. This is a national service offering advice and guidance on consumer issues.  Any complaint with a criminal element, or more complicated enquiries will be forwarded to our department for consideration.  If you wish to make a complaint about a trader or product, please contact the Citizens Advice Consumer Service on 03454 04 05 06 or select the link on this page called Citizens Advice Bureau - Advice Guide.

Recall Notice Star laser torch / pointer

We have become aware that the Star Laser Pointer sold between 1st November and 8 December 2015 has a manufacturing defect.  This is a labelling defect which tests have shown categorise the product as a Class 3B laser pointer.  Class 3B lasers may have sufficient power to cause an eye injury from the direct beam and from reflections.  If you purchased one of these laser pointers at your local Christmas Fair during these dates please stop using it immediately and return it to the seller for a full refund.  You can contact the seller on 01372 452771 for details on returns.

New Rights for Consumers

Hertfordshire Trading Standards are advising businesses and their customers to familiarise themselves with new regulations which will significantly affect consumer rights New Rights for Consumers