Resources and Performance
Resources & Performance (R&P) provide centralised support services to the Council’s service departments, as well as providing front-line services including managing access to records and freedom of information requests, handling insurance claims and delivering statutory services like registrations and citizenship.
A significant proportion of the service is carried out through third party providers and managed under contract including pensions’ administration, payroll, occupational health, IT support and development, the Customer Service Centre, HR and finance transactions, temporary recruitment, facilities management and some other property services.
R&P also have responsibility for leading the Council’s Transformation agenda enabling the Council to continue to operate within increasingly difficult financial circumstances. The current programme has delivered in excess of £160m savings since 2010.
The department is led by the Deputy Chief Executive, Sarah Pickup.
The key priorities of the department are set out in the annual Service Plan.
Further information about our public facing services can be found elsewhere on HertsDirect. For details of how to contact any member of the management team, please email R&P_feedback@hertfordshire.gov.uk.
The list of services currently making up Resources & Performance are:
- Business Improvement - support for transformation and service improvement
- Democratic Services - support for councillors and the democratic process
- Equality and Diversity - support for the implementation of equalities duties
- Finance - support for budget management and monitoring
- Health and Safety - advice and assurance relating to Health & safety regulations
- Herts Business Services - purchasing of supplies for the council
- Hertfordshire Catering - school meals service
- Human Resources - support for staff and managers
- Internal Audit - providing assurance in relation to financial and other risk
- Learning & Organisational Development - training and organisational change
- Legal Services - legal advice to the council
- Performance Information - provision of management information to the council
- Procurement - support for procurement and contract management
- Property - management of the councils property assets
- Risk Management - management of the council's significant risks
- Scrutiny - support for the scrutiny of council decisions and decision making
- Statutory Services - provision of Registration, Citizenship & Coroner Service
- Technology - management of ICT assets and infrastructure