Watford Sexual Health Centre (Watford General Hospital)
Watford General Hospital
01923 217206 (Reception, enquiries and appointments)
01923 217278 (Health Advisers)
01923 217319 (Secretaries)
Fax: 01923 217131
Web pages: www.sexualhealthwestherts.co.uk
Watford Sexual Health Centre opening times:
- Open access Monday to Thursday from 9.30am-11.30am (walk-in)
- Open access Friday from 9.30am to 3.30pm (walk-in)
- For attendance by appointment please contact reception.
- Appointments are available Monday and Friday afternoons and Monday and Thursday evenings.
A free, confidential, self-referral service providing advice and treatment for people who have symptoms of, or who think they have been in contact with, sexually transmitted infections (STI's). We also offer a well-established team looking after the needs of those living with HIV in West Hertfordshire. We now provide a full contraceptive service in most sessions and we work in close partnership with Community Family Planning clinics offered on six sites locally. Further information is available on our website.
Specialist clinic details and times:
- HIV clinics (please ring for details)
- Same day HIV testing (by appointment, Monday and Thursday 10.00am to 11.30am), with results same afternoon
- "Awareness" clinic (drop-in Wednesdays 4.00pm to 6.00pm) for under 21's, including full contraception service and testing for STIs
- Support, information and STI testing following sexual assault (please ring for appointment)
- Genital dermatosis clinic (professional referral only)
- Vulval pain clinic (please ring for details)
- Male problem clinic
- Sexual dysfunction clinic
Routine services available in all clinic sessions:
- Testing and treatment for STI's and other conditions affecting sexual health
- Partner notification
- Full contraceptive service
- HIV testing, including pre and post test discussion
- Hepatitis B vaccination programme
- Free condoms and lubrication
- Advice and referral for a range of psychosexual problems
- Access to HIV post exposure prophylaxis, when appropriate
- Rapid HIV testing for patients at high risk
- Clinical psychology
- Referral to other services
- Teaching and training with statutory and voluntary organisations
This is a free NHS service and there are no prescription charges.
- The clinic is accessible to wheelchairs users and there are WC facilities for people with disabilities.
- Located by the main entrance to Watford General Hospital on Vicarage Road, 3rd on the left.
The information provided by external organisations is for general guidance only. Hertfordshire County Council does not endorse or recommend any of the external organisations, services or information listed on this website. While Hertfordshire County Council aims to provide accurate and up to date information we cannot guarantee at any time that all the information is up to date and accurate. Hertfordshire County Council cannot accept liability for misleading or inaccurate information or omissions in information given to us by external information providers. Any images displayed on this page are subject to copyright legislation and must not be reproduced without the owner’s permission.