St Elizabeth's Centre (Much Hadham)
Contact Marilyn Osborne, Head of Fundraising
Phone(s): 01279 843451 (Switchboard)
01279 844427 (Appeals and Fundraising)
Fax: 01279 842918
Contact Bridgette Hutchins, Fundraising events
Phone: 01279 844355
Web pages: www.stelizabeths.org.uk
St Elizabeth's Centre is a national charity for children and adults with severe epilepsy and other neurological conditions.
The Centre, which is set in a 65 acres of countryside near Bishop's Stortford, provides a safe caring environment for children and adults from the age of 5 to 95 and older, with education and lifestyle choices that enables them to fulfill their individual potential.
The Centre comprises:
- A non-maintained special school approved by the DfES for 68 borders and 12 day placements between the ages of 5-19 years.
- A college approved by the Learning and Skills Council, offering 3 year independence programmes, for young people in the 18-25 age range.
- Residential care in small group homes for 105 in purpose built modern bungalows.
- Domiciliary Care for 37, mostly young people, both on-site and in nearby Bishop's Stortford.
- A comprehensive day care programme for both residents and people in the local community.
- Social Enterprises in arts and ceramics, organic horticulture and jewellery.
- 24 hour specialist nurse care.
St Elizabeth's is administered by the Congregation of the Daughters of the Cross of Liège. People are accepted according to need, regardless of their faith, culture or ethnic background.
Although St Elizabeth's receives funding for education, specialist care and residential accommodation, these fees do not meet all the costs of the services our residents need. In addition, St Elizabeth's strives to provide better facilities. Fundraising initiatives include our charity shops for which we welcome donations of good quality clothes, bric-a-brac, books etc. Charity shop locations:
- Unit 6, Thorley Centre, Thorley, Bishop's Stortford CM23 4EG
- 4 Bush House, Bush Fair, Harlow CM18 6NS
- 10 Staple Tye, Harlow CM18 7PJ (also accepts furniture and electrical items)
- Units 1 and 2 The Sainsburys Development, Darkes Lane, Potters Bar EN6 1AU
- 69 High Street, Ware SG12 9AD
St Elizabeth's Social Enterprises:
- The Drawing Room, St Elizabeth's Centre, Much Hadham, Herts SG10 6EW; Tel 01279 844381 (art and ceramics)
- Ashvale Produce, St Elizabeth's Centre, Much Hadham, Herts SG10 6EW; Tel 01279 844257 (organic farming and horticulture)
- The Cross Gallery & Jewellery Project is based at 39 South Street, Bishops Stortford CM23 3AG; Tel 01279 653835
- The Orchard Project, St Elizabeth's Centre, Much Hadham SG10 6EW; Tel: 01279 844257 (St Elizabeth's Cenre's orchard restoration and conservation project)
Affiliated to: British Epilepsy Association; Joint Epilepsy Council.
Publications: St Elizabeth's Newsletter
Registered charity number: 1068661
The information provided by external organisations is for general guidance only. Hertfordshire County Council does not endorse or recommend any of the external organisations, services or information listed on this website. While Hertfordshire County Council aims to provide accurate and up to date information we cannot guarantee at any time that all the information is up to date and accurate. Hertfordshire County Council cannot accept liability for misleading or inaccurate information or omissions in information given to us by external information providers. Any images displayed on this page are subject to copyright legislation and must not be reproduced without the owner’s permission.