Here are 5 key points for safer driving:
- Watch your speed - remember streetlights mean 30mph unless otherwise signed
- Keep your distance - only a fool breaks the 2 second rule
- Be alert - concentrate and look for hazards and other road users
- THINK before you act. Is it safe? Mirrors - Signal - Manoeuvre
- Check your vehicle regularly - brakes, tyres, lights, wipers & washers
For advice about driving, information about further training and links to other sources, please choose from the list on this page.
Our driving advice page includes tips on saving fuel, winter driving, mobile phones, tiredness, seat belts and an extensive section on Minibuses, including Frequently Asked Questions for drivers and operators, as well as the official HCC Minibus Purchase and Operation Manual and Driver's Guide.
Please select the Driving Offenders Courses page for the Speed Awareness Course, the Driver Alertness Course, the Driving 4 Change Course, or the What's Driving Us? Course, offered to alleged offenders by police.
Part of Transport Access & Safety from Hertfordshire County Council