Blue Badge scheme
**Please be aware that due to systems development, the blue badge system will be unavailable between 9am and 1pm every day from the 16th and 23rd august. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.**
The Blue Badge disabled parking scheme allows drivers or passengers with a permanent disability to park near to where they need to go.
Important information about the Blue Badge:
- The cost of a Blue Badge is £10, this can be paid online when the application is completed.
- War Veteran's Waiver - The £10 charge for a Blue Badge has been waived for anyone disabled as a direct result of being injured in conflict whilst in active service.
- It can take up to six weeks to process a Blue Badge application or renewal. If you need an assessment it may take up to eight weeks.
- Who can get a Blue Badge? Applicants must provide proof of identity, address and any benefits they receive which automatically qualifies them for a Blue Badge.
- Please return a Blue Badge if it is no longer needed or needs replacement.