Blue Badge scheme
The Blue Badge disabled parking scheme allows drivers or passengers with a permanent disability to park near to where they need to go.
In Hertfordshire, Blue Badges are issued through Hertfordshire County Council's Health and Community Services.
|We are currently experiencing delays with issuing Blue Badges. Renewal badges that are received within our six week time frame are currently being despatched 7-10 days late. New applications and renewal applications not received within our six week time frame are taking up to seven weeks to administer. We are working hard to resolve these problems and apologise for the delay.|
Important information about the Blue Badge:
- The cost of a Blue Badge is £10.
- Blue Badges can be applied and paid for online through the GOV.UK website.
- Applicants must provide proof of identity, address and any benefits they receive which automatically qualifies them for a Blue Badge.
More from hertsdirect
- Dropped kerbs/vehicle cross overs
- Disabled parking bay
- Benefits advice
- Publications - Blue Badge
- Support for adults main page
Find more pages on support for adults using the 'In this area' menu above on the left.