Waste Core Strategy Adoption
The Waste Core Strategy and Development Management Policies Document sets out the County Council's strategic vision and overall spatial strategy for waste planning in Hertfordshire. In addition it contains the policies needed to implement these objectives and detailed development management polices that will be used to make decisions on waste planning applications and used in the determination of applications for other local developments that could have waste implications. Following adoption by the council on 5 November 2012, these policies now form part of the Development Plan and will be used for decision making purposes. It replaces the Waste Local Plan 1995 to 2005.
The Waste Site Allocations Document was submitted to the Secretary of State on 24 June 2013 for independent examination. Please click here for further information about the examination. Once adopted, the Waste Site Allocations documents will also form part of the Waste Development Framework/Local Plan.
Please use the links below to access the document and associated documents.
- Waste Core Strategy -adopted November 2012 (PDF file 4MB)
- Adoption Statement (PDF file 38KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF file 3MB)
- Sustainability Apprisal/ Strategic Environmental Appraisal Adoption Statement (PDF file 224KB)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (PDF file 1024KB)