Waste Core Strategy Adoption
The Waste Core Strategy and Development Management Policies Document sets out the County Council's strategic vision and overall spatial strategy for waste planning in Hertfordshire. In addition it contains the policies needed to implement these objectives and detailed development management polices that will be used to make decisions on waste planning applications and used in the determination of applications for other local developments that could have waste implications. Following adoption by the council on 5 November 2012, these policies now form part of the Development Plan and will be used for decision making purposes.
The draft Waste Site Allocations Document is currently subject to consultation. Once this has been adopted, the Waste Core Strategy and Waste Site Allocations documents will form the Waste Development Framework and will replace the Waste Local Plan 1995 to 2005.
Please use the links below to access the document and associated documents.
- Waste Core Strategy -adopted November 2012 (PDF file 4MB)
- Adoption Statement (PDF file 38KB)
- Sustainability Appraisal Report (PDF file 3MB)
- Sustainability Apprisal/ Strategic Environmental Appraisal Adoption Statement (PDF file 224KB)
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (PDF file 1024KB)