Routes into teaching
Routes into teaching:
· a school leaver?
· a recent graduate?
· looking for a career change?
· interested in retraining in a new profession after a career break?
If so, visit the Teaching Agency website http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching for information on:
· routes into teaching - undergraduate and postgraduate, including the new employment based Schools Direct programmes which will replace the Graduate Teacher Programme (GTP) http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching
· premier plus - new service for those wishing to train to teach shortage subjects such as Physics, Maths, Chemistry and Modern Foreign Languages (MFL) (http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/premier-plus.aspx
· funding and bursaries (http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/funding/training-in-england.aspx )
· overseas trained teachers and experienced teachers without UK Qualified Teacher Status: (http://www.education.gov.uk/get-into-teaching/teacher-training-options/experienced-teachers.aspx