Applying for a Job
You can search for jobs and apply online using our online recruitment website for headteachers and teachers. There is also a section for support roles within schools.
For information and guidance on applying for a post, including CV and interview tips, download the document below entitled ADVICE AND TIPS ON APPLYING FOR A POST.
Searching for Jobs
- Hertfordshire jobs appear on our website.
From here you can search for jobs, register on the website and get job alerts. Schools can also search through this website and contact you if there is a job that may be of interest to you.
- A two part (Teaching & Support) Schools vacancy bulletin is updated weekly and available for download in pdf format from the website.
- Press - local and national press. Times Educational Supplement is published each Friday and jobs are also listed on its website www.TESjobs.co.uk
- Word of mouth - networking with other teachers, colleagues, fellow students - keep your ear to the ground!
- Contact schools directly to find out if and when they will be recruiting.
Applying for a Teaching or Support Staff Post
Application forms have been developed in line with legislation for safer recruitment in schools and age discrimination. There are guidance notes below as to how to complete the application forms. All applicants for either teaching or support staff roles in schools should complete the relevant application form and a person specification form.
- You can apply online at www.teachinherts.com.
- Alternatively you can download an application form and the person specification form below. You can either complete it electronically (only need to complete once) or by downloading the word format, save and email to school. If you wish to complete the form by hand, download the application form (pdf) below or contact the school for an application pack.
Some schools have uploaded their own application forms for you to complete.
Catholic Application Forms
Some Catholic Schools in Hertfordshire require applicants for posts to complete Catholic Education Service application forms, so it is advisable to contact the school to check which form it requires.
Catholic Application Forms in word format can be downloaded from the Catholic Education Service website at www.catholiceducation.org.uk/schools/application-forms/
These documents can be completed electronically and either emailed or printed off and posted to the school.
NB Schools will often state what information they want from you, and the way they want it. Always check to ensure that any applications that you make, either by post or online are received by the school.
- Advice and Tips on Applying for a Post - download here (PDF file 70KB)
- Guidance Notes- Teaching (PDF file 22KB)
- Guidance Notes _ Support Staff (PDF file 22KB)
- Teaching Application Form - print off & complete (PDF file 50KB)
- Support Staff Applicaton Form - print off & complete (PDF file 40KB)
- Person Specification Application Form - print off and complete manually (PDF file 28KB)
- Teaching Application Form - complete electronically (MS Word 123KB)
- Person Specification Application Form - complete electronically (MS Word 61KB)
- Support Staff Application Form - complete electronically (MS Word 94KB)