Fire Safety in the Workplace and Public Spaces
Key safety points for workplaces and schools
- Deter unauthorised access to the site or buildings
- Make sure rubbish is not allowed to accumulate - an arsonist will always use this to start a fire
- Make sure there is a comprehensive shut down routine
- Close all doors and windows
- turn off all lights and equipment that do not need to be left on
- make sure fire alarms are working and are set
- Make sure all fire extinguishers are correctly sited and are serviced
- Make sure everyone knows the fire routine
- How to operate the fire alarm
- How to evacuate quickly and safely
- Where the meeting point is
- Ensure a roll call is taken
Always dial 999 in an emergency
- Methods to Prevent Arson
Arson kills and arson destroys jobs - yet there are many simple things everyone can do to reduce the change of an arson attack.
- Site Security for Schools
- Wildfires: Help prevent them
Every summer, we urge people be extra-vigilant to avoid the risk of wildfires in our county's woodlands, fields and parks. Soon after the first prolonged dry spell of the spring and summer, the potential for environmental fire outbreak rises sharply and continues to do so until late September.
HCC is not responsible for the content of external web sites.