What we do with your Govmetric feedback
We offer a simple way for you to rate the pages on our web site using "faces" like the ones on this page. It's an effective way to find out what works and what doesn't, and what needs to be improved.
Visitors to our website rate over 1,000 pages each month. We have noted that 60% of the feedback rates web pages as good or average but we are committed to improving the web site continually to improve our score.
When you rate a page, we ask you to provide further information - this ensures we concentrate on areas most in need of improvement. The rating also lets us know where we are getting things right. We look at all the comments we receive and try to act on them as soon as we can.
Sometimes we can make simple changes straight away, but sometimes your comments require us to do quite a bit of work before we can put things right.
What you've helped us to change so far
In response to your feedback this year, we've made some changes:
- Improved accessibility
- Improved election information and results
- Clearer information on citizenship
- Better local information on drug and alcohol-related problems
- Better key-wording to help people find information more easily
- Better contact information for people who want to follow up the information available on the site
- More shortcuts to find related information
- Mended broken links and documents that couldn't be opened
- Improved Help